CV of Peter-Paul Koch
Curriculum vitae of Peter-Paul Koch, front-end consultant, agent, and trainer.
See the About page for his full story.
This page only gives the dry dates.
- Born in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- 1982 - 1988
- Barlaeus Gymnasium, Amsterdam. Gymnasium is the highest level of Dutch secondary education. Programme
includes Latin and Greek.
- 1988 - 1994
- Studied Ancient History (Greeks and Romans) at the University of Amsterdam.
Final thesis: Factions and fractions in the later Roman empire (5th century AD).
Degree of drs., somewhere in
between Bachelor’s and Master’s degree.
- 1994 - 1995
- Teacher Training History. The training included an internship at the Amsterdam
- Looking for work as a teacher. Meanwhile, doing research into the Thidrekssaga.
- 1997 - 1998
- Course “Internet Advisor” (very bad).
Included a 6 months internship with Inízio Design (very good).
- 1998 - present
- Publishing large amounts of front-end articles, both on his own and on
- 1999 - 2002
- Working at Netlinq Framfab as lead front-end engineer.
- 2002 - 2008
- Freelance front-end engineer and trainer.
- 2003 - present
- Writing and maintaining QuirksMode.org, the prime source for browser compatibility information on the Internet.
- 2004 - present
- Blogging at the QuirksBlog.
- 2005 - 2009
- Front-end freelancer agent (only within the Netherlands).
- 2006 - present
- Regular conference speaker.
- 2007 - 2012
- Initiator and chairman of Fronteers,
the Dutch organisation of front-end professionals.
- 2008 - present
- Freelance front-end consultant and trainer.
- 2009 - present
- Focusing on the mobile web.
- 2011 - present
- Conference organiser
- Second book: The Mobile Web Handbook.